[cisco-voip] caller id name delivery through a VXML or TCL script

Justin Steinberg jsteinberg at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 00:25:50 EDT 2010

I have some PRIs that receive caller id name from the Telco in the facility
IE message.  The PRIs are configured with h323 and are successfully passing
the name to the IP phone screen.

I now have the requirement to configure TCL or VXML to play a prompt file
for all incoming calls and then transfer the call into CM.  When I do this,
the caller id name does not get delivered to the IP phone screen.  The
number shows up ok, but no name.

This happens with both TCL and VXML scripts (I've tried both hoping one
would work).   Does anyone have any scripts that successfully does this that
they could post ?

Thanks.

Justin