[cisco-voip] Cisco Emergency Responder

Mike King me at mpking.com
Thu Jun 17 09:40:02 EDT 2010

Our company is implementing Emergency Responder.

We don't have Cisco Switches (Gasp!)

I'm pretty sure from my reading that you can configure ERL's 3 ways:
1. Automatic via CDP (not an option for us non Cisco switch people)
2. Manually configure the ERL on the phone
3. Subnet based ERL's

The consultant we've hired to install wants us to manually configure
each phone with the ERL.  (I think we're the first non-cisco switch
customer he's had)

My question is:
Is there any problems with using Subnet based ERL's with non-cisco
switches, because that is the way I thought we should be installing
it.  (I've already done the network engineering to have a Subnet per
area that we need to have an ERL for)

Mike