[cisco-voip] Does cisco gatekeeper supports H.245 routed mode aka Gatekeeper-Routed Call Signaling?

Kin Wai kinwai at singnet.com.sg
Thu Jun 17 13:16:44 EDT 2010

Recently, I'm trying to resolve a issue with Ricoh fax machine using H323 to
Callmanager.

>From Ricoh's sample diagram, they have included a gatekeeper in the topoloy.
My colleague has been trying with TAC on this issue for a few months
(without a gatekeeper) and it seems like there's no progress.

Ricoh Fax <---h323--- > CUCM <---mgcp ----> PSTN

We are not going to modify the voice gateway side using mgcp as we have
xmedius IP fax working on it. I just happened to take over this project
while he's away. I decided to try my luck using a gatekeeper.

While desperately looking for a cisco router to run IOS gatekeeper, I used a
temporary solution due to time constraint. GNU gatekeeper(3rd party) was
chosen.

The call fails initially till I enabled H245 routed mode. It works fine
however it's 3rd party solution which will not be supported by anyone in the
future if it stop working somehow. We are switching back to Cisco GK as we
found a extra voice gateway. While researching, I found some comment online
that IOS gatekeeper doesn't support GKRCS. Is this true?!