[cisco-voip] UCCE - IP Phone Agent Phone Service

Cheng, Karen Karen.Cheng at racq.com.au
Fri Jun 25 23:38:08 EDT 2010

Hey guys,

Has anyone got any ideas on how to get the IP Phone Service for IP Phone Agent to round robin and select the active server with the IP Phone Agent service on it?

It seems that only 1 PG can have the IP phone agent service active so if the other server is inactive and if requested upon it will respond with a message of "Selected IP Phone Agent service is not active, select another IP phone Agent service".

>From what I can see I need to create 2 IP phone services, 1 for each server/instance of IP Phone agent and users will need to choose themselves which one they are after. So if they hit the inactive one they need exit and then select the other phone service.

This is all well and good but considering we are dealing with users and not technicians or engineers I would belive having something setup to automatically fail over to the Primary would be a better idea and only have 1 IP Phone Service for the user to select rather than multiple.

I've tried setting up a DNS round robin but this doesn't work either as the server with the inactive service doesn't seem to have the smarts to tell the phone to call to the primary PG. Or does it??

Any ideas?

Karen Cheng
Voice Network Engineer

Join us at MotorFest on 11 July 2010 at Eagle Farm Racecourse. Visit www.racq.com/motorfest for more information

Please Note: If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this email as its use is prohibited. RACQ does not warrant or represent that this email is free from viruses or defects. If you do not wish to receive any further commercial electronic messages from RACQ please e-mail unsubscribe at racq.com.au or contact RACQ on 13 19 05.