[cisco-voip] Intermittent Call Forward Display problem

polo person poloperson57 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 29 10:37:52 EDT 2010

I have a very intermittent problem with Call Forwards and I wonder if anyone else has experienced this?

On some phones that use the "Forward All" function a lot, (i.e. they are setting a Call Forward All Calls, then unsetting it regularly) we find from time to time they will be set to Forward All calls, (and calls are forwarding) but the display will not say the phone is forwarded. On other occasions, the phone will say it is forwarded, when in fact it is not.

It appears to be a problem with the display, in that calls are being routed exactly as they should be according to the Call Manager setup, it's just the the display on the phone doesent always reflect what the Call Manager is set to do.

Unplugging the phone / resetting the phone fixes the display so it then displays correctly.

It has been a problem on 3 phones out of 16,000 (!!), and interestingly it nearly always happens on a Friday, usually in the afternoon.  We have worked around it by using the Web page to set / unset call forward but of course doing it this way resets the phone when the call forward is set / unset.

Today another group of 3 phones have reported similar problems, and I'm wondering if there is a bug we might know about?

Call Manager 6.1.3.2103-1

1 Pub, 6 Subs, 1 TFTP

Mix of 7911's (SIP11.8-4-3s) and 7941's (SIP41.8-4-3s) being affected

I have replaced one 7911 to see if it a phone fault, but the new phone does it as well.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Simon