[cisco-voip] Audio in handset when using headset

Henrik Madsen henrik.madsen at fibervisions.dk
Wed Jun 30 09:22:51 EDT 2010

When using headset on our Cisco 7942 phones, we can hear the conversation coming out of the handset as well.
It seems that for some reason the speaker in the handset is not muted when using headset
The headset is connected to the headset connector on the phone.

We have tried different headsets, and have just had plantronics send us some new for testing, but still have this problem.

Is this normal behavior? Or is this a setting on the phone? Or maybe something else ?

Best regards
Henrik Madsen