[cisco-voip] Audio in handset when using headset

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Wed Jun 30 11:43:49 EDT 2010

There is an enhancement to disable this via phone config settings (Handset/Headset Monitor).  It is dependent on phone load and CUCM version.

As the name implies, it's so supervisors can easily monitor calls via the handset/headset if the other is in use.

CSCsz35375 will show you where the feature got checked in to CUCM.

Looks like it went into a late 6.1(3)ES, 6.1(4)ES, and 6.1(5) base on 6.x.   You'll also want to be aware of CSCtg89332.

-Ryan