[cisco-voip] Attendant Console ACDeviceAuthenticationUser

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Thu Mar 4 10:03:29 EST 2010

You are in the right document, but you really should be reading the one that is for the version closest to yours.
http://cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_1_2/ccmfeat/fsccmac.html#wp1419834

You need the "Standard CTI Allow Control of All Devices" because the AC application uses the CTI superuser feature.
From the documentation: "Add the ac application user to the Standard CTI Enabled group, the Standard CTI Allow Call Park Monitoring group, and the Standard CTI Allow Control of All Devices user group."

Regarding the ACDeviceAuthenticationUser:
"If you want to enable device security for the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Attendant Console, for example, you want to use a subset of phones instead of all phones that the super provider feature supports, you must configure an application user, ACDeviceAuthenticationUser, as well as associate the attendant phones with this application user."

So if you don't want to use the superuser feature, then you use the ACDeviceAuthentcationUser and associate only the phones that AC can control to it.

-Ryan