[cisco-voip] cisco licensing changes...

Matthew Saskin msaskin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 19:10:43 EST 2010

I agree that UCL is really a step in the right direction.  Unfortunately
CUWL was a "hack" of a way towards application based licensing but provides
no middle ground - I've got plenty of customers who require some of the
features of CUWL enterprise but where it's not cost-effective enough for the
uptick in licensing costs.

The UCL model of an incremental rate per user/per application is huge.  Now
the trick is waiting long enough for all of the various applications in the
UC suite to actually tie to UCL.

Matthew Saskin
msaskin at gmail.com
203-253-9571

July 18, 2010 - 1500m swim (in the hudson), 40k bike, 10k run
Please support the Leukemia & Lyphoma Society
http://pages.teamintraining.org/nyc/nyctri10/msaskin