[cisco-voip] cisco licensing changes...

Scott Voll svoll.voip at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 13:25:02 EST 2010

3 to 4 of my counter parts in k12 are moving or have moved to Asterick.
 They have even been able to add some redundance to it with SQL DBs
exchanging configs.

I have to admit I'm pretty impressed with what they have done.

But it's kind of like web filtering.  You can either pay licensing for a
good product or you can go open source and pay the labor?  The choice is
yours.

In the Education vertical, I have seen / heard and are planning to move to
exchange for UM from Unity.  Under site licensing we can get Exchange UM for
really no extra costs.  and the rate at which Cisco has been charging for
Unity maintenance it's a real driver.  If Cisco does that with other
products, we will look at other options.  OCS vs CUPS.  again for education
M$s SLA it's a no brainer.

Scott