[cisco-voip] cisco licensing changes...

Rhodium rhodium_uk at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Mar 5 16:21:53 EST 2010

Here's a link about the life cycle of asterisk:

http://www.asterisk.org/developers/life-cycle

The last bit is the most important section... Its a common misconception and one I must admit to having when I first heard of "open source" but the more I delved into, the more I saw that there are checks in place to try and catch this stuff. I am not saying it doesnt happen at all, I am just saying that as with Cisco, you have an approval process for code so for something like that to happen, it has to be a big oversight. For example, if I am working on a bug to fix it, then I am only constrained to rectifying the bug. Not on any other unrelated code which has nothing to do with the feature or service I am working on. In that sense, I guess you can call it compartmentalised.