[cisco-voip] Corporate directery label

Mike Thompson mthompson729 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 6 09:22:53 EST 2010

It's actually pretty easy, scary easy compared to the hoops in 4.x.  in UCM
7 (not sure about 6) directories are now just phone services.  All you have
to do is modify that service

In UCM Manager:
Device, Device Settings, Phone Services menu.
Select Corporate Directory
Change the service name / ascii service name.

Save it (and to be safe hit the update subscriptions button).

You may have to reset phones...I was patient enough to find out if there was
a timeout for the entry, but a reset fixed it.  FYI, dynamic phones (like IP
Communicator that don't cache any of that data) get that update (new
directory name) right as soon as you save it.

HTH