[cisco-voip] Unity Overlapping DNs

Adam Blomfield adman at adman.net
Mon Mar 8 21:23:18 EST 2010

I am working with a customer that has several other business units that also
use Cisco Unity. Digital Networking had made the Unity servers aware of each
other, but this had never been a problem until recently when they were
assigned a DID range that overlapped with one of those used by the other
division. When they went to import mailboxes Unity said that the DTMF Access
ID already existed. I know that Dialing Domains can be used to overcome this
scenario, so I went to their Unity server and on the Primary Location page I
changed the Dialing Domain from None to a unique value. I am still unable to
add users as the exisitng users from the other server still show up in the
DTMFAccessID and GlobalSubscribers tables. How can I reinitialize everything
to get rid of these unwanted users?

-Adam