[cisco-voip] avaya vs Cisco approach - just a run down

Matthew Saskin msaskin at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 14:15:15 EST 2010

I don't believe that's the case.  From what I've seen, Aura has a few
components of relevance:

Aura Session Manager - similar to CUCM SME; no phone registrations, meant
for centralized PSTN/SIP trunking and trunking to existing legacy and IP
PBX's
Aura Communications Manager - standard Avaya ACM infrastructure (media
servers, media gateways, etc.) where phones register as per today
SIP Enablement Services (SES) - SIP proxy/registrar, mediation point for SIP
connectivity to external apps, SIP stations, etc.

Matthew Saskin
msaskin at gmail.com
203-253-9571

July 18, 2010 - 1500m swim (in the hudson), 40k bike, 10k run
Please support the Leukemia & Lyphoma Society
http://pages.teamintraining.org/nyc/nyctri10/msaskin