[cisco-voip] Phone limits per server

steve.siltman at assurant.com steve.siltman at assurant.com
Wed Mar 10 13:33:09 EST 2010

I might be able to help with this as I've been working with Cisco on this
very discussion for weeks.

I'm using v7.x on 5 Clusters.  I too read that these 7845 servers can
support 7500 phones per server and 30,000 phones per cluster.  Cisco told
me that this is true in a perfect world
but Call Center agents use CTI and 500 agents is the max per server with
2000 agents max per cluster.  I freaked out because thats a 15:1 ratio.

Another thing Cisco came back with is that if these agents use CVP and
don't use an IP IVR then that number doubles to 1000 agents per server and
4000 agents per cluster.

A little better but as Wes said, a massive performance hit.

Here's more info:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/ipcc_enterprise/srnd/75/c7ccmsrv.html#wp1061120

In a deployment with Unified CM 7.0 and Unified CVP (no IP IVR), each
Unified CM cluster (four primary and four backup subscriber servers) can
support up to about 4,000 Unified CCE agents. This limit assumes that the
BHCA call load and all configured devices are spread equally among the
eight call processing servers with 1:1 redundancy. (See Unified CM
Redundancy, for redundancy schemes.) Each of the eight Unified CM servers
(MCS-7845-H2/I2 or later High Performance Servers) would support a maximum
of 500 agents. In a failover scenario, the primary server would support a
maximum of 1,000 agents. These capacities can vary, depending on your
specific deployment. All deployments must be sized by using the Cisco
Unified CM Capacity Tool or the Unified Communications Sizing Tool.