[cisco-voip] International Calling Weirdness

Jim Reed jreed at swiftnews.com
Mon Mar 15 18:16:16 EDT 2010

Okay, just throwing this out there for comment.  Any explanation why this works when just using the numbering-type international command alone won't work.

translation-rule 9985
 Rule 0 0.% 0 international international
 Rule 1 1.% 1 international international
 Rule 2 2.% 2 international international
 Rule 3 3.% 3 international international
 Rule 4 4.% 4 international international
 Rule 5 5.% 5 international international
 Rule 6 6.% 6 international international
 Rule 7 7.% 7 international international
 Rule 8 8.% 8 international international
 Rule 9 9.% 9 international international

dial-peer voice 103 pots
 description Outbound International Calls to PRI
 numbering-type international
 destination-pattern 9011T
 translate-outgoing called 9985
 port 0/1/0:23

Pull the translation rule out of there and it won't work.  Leave it in, and it works every time.  Even though the dial peer numbering type is set to international.  Apparently that doesn't send out the correct element to Qwest and the Nortel switches they use.

Just thought I'd pass this along.

Thank You...
--
Jim Reed