[cisco-voip] IT-to-IP Gateway

Mark Holloway mh at markholloway.com
Fri Mar 19 20:41:24 EDT 2010

You would run CUBE (formerly IPIPGW) on your router. What codec are you using and what are the DTMF requirements by your provider?  If you are using a compressed codec such as G.729 you cannot use in-band DTMF.  You would need to use whatever DTMF your provider supports such as RFC 2833 or SIP INFO.  Some providers require out of band DTMF even if you are using G.711.