[cisco-voip] UCM Upgrade

Matthew Ballard mballard at otis.edu
Fri Mar 19 23:36:04 EDT 2010

Officially, VMWare can't spoof MAC addresses.  It is possible, but it's a pain.  In Windows you can't spoof it in the Windows driver.  For UCM, it would require manually modifying and XML file on the server, but last I checked it was more difficult than it was worth.

Matthew Ballard
Network Manager
Otis College of Art and Design
mballard at otis.edu

Sent from my Palm PreOn Mar 19, 2010 7:29 PM, Jeff Mottishaw <mottie at gmail.com> wrote:

>From my understanding VMware cannot spoof arbitrary MAC addresses.

They must be VMware specific MAC addresses in the format

00:50:56:XX:YY:ZZ.

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=219&sliceId=1&docTypeID=DT_KB_1_1&dialogID=69266812&stateId=1%200%2069270528

I have tried installing in VMware and then converting to Hyper-V but

networking does not function.

Unfortunately I can't move forward with "not many changes". That is

not acceptable to our users, especially without notification of the

changes or training on the new

version.

cisco-voip at puck.nether.net