[cisco-voip] weighted EIGRP routes

Peter Slow peter.slow at gmail.com
Sun Mar 21 21:52:18 EDT 2010

that is totally overkill. It's SRST. You would be better off putting
the money into a properly architecture. Im imagining two smaller
routers connected to two switches, to which  each of the vg224s is
connected. Also, If you're intent on this design and on using HSRP,
which i still think is completely wrong, you can get around your split
brain thing by disposing of EIGRP on the VG224 and linking its two FE
interfaces into a bridge group and usinng ONE IP address on it, on a
BVI interface. if the link between the routers goes down, the HSRP
traffic can still traverse the BVI interface on the VG224s. You dont
really need EIGRP here, thogh the failover tiem is ideal... You
definitely dont need multipath unless you're planning on sourcing more
than 100 mbps of traffic form the VG.
Realistically, the link between the two router's ESW modules shoudlnt
go down unless one of the routers goes down, and tehn you dont have to
worry about the split brain thing. I still think you're making this
more complicated than it needs to be. If this site is that important
that you cant risk it not having phone service, put a callmanager
there. Additionally, if the link between the two routers is
imperative, and you think theres a chance of losing it, add another
link between the etherswitch modules and either use etherchannel to
bond them, or just have an extra one staiding by and let STP take care
of shutting it down.

-Peter