[cisco-voip] Is anyone using Unity Connection 8.0.1?

Billie Brown III trip.brown at duke.edu
Mon Mar 22 12:12:42 EDT 2010

Capacity is the big driver.  We will ultimately need about 25,000 subscribers.  Unity connection Release 8.0 gives 20,000 subscribers and 250 ports per system.  We plan to have two clusters networked.  We would need three clusters if we went 7.x.

Also, integrated messaging does not reduce total ports and subscribers like it does in the 7.x releases.  And non-IMAP Idle clients do not reduce subscribers.  In Release 8.0, a port is a port.  It matters not if the subscriber is integratede with Exchange.  This is per Cisco.  I admit that I too have .0 reservations but it is somewhat compelling.

Thanks,
-trip