[cisco-voip] Windows 2007 - Cisco IP Communicator breaks Cisco VPN

Jacquie Manick Jacquie.Manick at polarisind.com
Mon Mar 22 12:09:51 EDT 2010

Any way to get beta version of IP Communicator 8.5 that is fully supported to work with Windows 2007?

Current version 7.x is working for us without issue, on Windows 2007.

But when we install IP Communicator on our Windows 2007 "image" for all users, it breaks our Cisco VPN - it seems to disable the vpn adaptor.   We have tried with vpn client versions:  5.0.05.0290 & 5.0.06.0160.  We can use "anyconnect" VPN client to bandaid the issue, but we have not fully rolled this out to all of our users yet, as it still has some issues too.

Cisco IP Communicator for Windows 2007
Targeted by Version 8.5, FCS Q4CY10

Any help would be appreciated.  Jacquie

Jacquie Manick
Corp. Telecommunications Administrator
PH: 763-542-0535
E-mail: jacquie.manick at polarisind.com<mailto:jacquie.manick at polarisind.com>
fAX:  763-847-8153
Web: www.polarisindustries.com

CONFIDENTIAL:
The information contained in this email communication is confidential information intended only for the use of the addressee.  Unauthorized use, disclosure or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by return email and destroy all copies of this communication, including all attachments.