[cisco-voip] tcp/8088

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 16:38:09 EDT 2010

URL's all look "correct" in the xml file.

Think I found the problem, Ryan was right at first I believe.

I was able to get a packet cap of a phone trying to initiate this
connection, and directly before that it had a voice mail left to it,
and Unity tried to initiate the phone view operation on the phone.
Phone sent an auth request to the auth URL, it was denied, and in the
reply back the authentication server specified a URL http://pub:8088.
The phone immediately tried to connect to port 8088 on the publisher.
Pub replied with a Reset packet and then ignored further attempts to
connect.

We've had IPCC setup as the authentication server for awhile now, IIRC
in the past we had to have this setup for IP Phone Agent to work
properly. Perhaps this is no longer the case.

2 questions i'm going to have to figure out - A) can I switch the auth
URL back to the normal one for the publisher and not break anything,
and B) why did Unity try to initiate phone view, when the
phone/account isn't setup for that feature.

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone.

--
Ed Leatherman