[cisco-voip] Random unmanned internal calls?

Ted Nugent tednugent73 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 15:07:56 EDT 2010

I've received a couple strange support request this past week and would like
to see if anyone else has run across this? I have a client with a fairly new
CUCM 7.1 build with CUC 7.1 (mostly 7945/65s phones) and apparently there
have been a few user that are stating that they are getting rouge calls
throughout the day from internal callers who are not in the office or away
from their desk, when they pickup the call they receive dead air. The call
log on the called party clearly shows the calling party's extension however
the calling phone (non-shared line) does not show the phone has not been
forwarded. I'm waiting to take a site visit out there and check CDR and
traces but at this point I'm a bit stumped. Anyone have any thoughts?
Thanks
Ted