[cisco-voip] Unity Connection 1.2

Pat Hayes pat-cv at wcyv.com
Wed Mar 24 22:38:04 EDT 2010

When you run DiRT on the windows based UC, if you backup to the same
folder every night it will just copy over the current set of files,
with no regard for what files are already there. There is no logic in
there to delete old files from previous backup jobs (having a backup
routine that can deletes files is probably just asking for trouble at
some point). One way to work around it would be to have multiple jobs
configured to backup to separate folders, and then have the job
current day's job delete the data in the oldest folder.

As Bill said, though, if you are on UC 1.x, you really need to look at
upgrading. It went end of engineering a year ago, so if you encounter
a new bug you can't get it fixed, and if will go completely end of
support next year. Once you get to a linux build, you'll be using DRS
for backups, which works completely differently :-)