[cisco-voip] Practical Limit on number of phones per server

Matthew Saskin msaskin at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 10:32:25 EDT 2010

The number of phones supported on a given server platform is going to vary
based on a numer of elements including gateway/endpoint count, route list
count, CTI usage, etc.  To get a close feel, you should be using the
CallManager Capacity tool or the new UC sizing tool -
http://tools.cisco.com/cucst

In practive, I've seen many customers with 5K+ phones registered to a 7845
class server, they were very light in CTI usage however.

Matthew Saskin
msaskin at gmail.com
203-253-9571

July 18, 2010 - 1500m swim (in the hudson), 40k bike, 10k run
Please support the Leukemia & Lyphoma Society
http://pages.teamintraining.org/nyc/nyctri10/msaskin