[cisco-voip] Practical Limit on number of phones per server

Bill Talley btalley at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 12:25:21 EDT 2010

Keep failover ratios in mind as well.  As an example only,  if you
have three 7825 servers, with 800 phones registered to each of the two
subs, you won't be able to support failover for all 1,600 phones
without registering a majority to the pub.  Without throwing best
practices aside, this probably isn't a realistic scenario, but just
wanted to emphasize that failover requirements impact server sizing.

Sent from a mobile device with very tiny touchscreen input keys.
Please excuse my typos.