[cisco-voip] Local Route Group with redundancy

Joel Perez tman701 at gmail.com
Mon May 3 17:23:38 EDT 2010

I replied to a similar thread a while back regarding this.
I currently have several customers running this scenario. It started with
just one customer where we did it as a sort of experiment.
These customers are all running SIP to their providers on multiple GW's with
multiple sites, no local PRI's exist for PSTN.
The LRG for each site is its own local GW that itself has usually more than
one T1 in this case. We also added another sites GW as a backup to the RG.
So it will try the LRG first then move on to the other GW included in the
RG.
For 911 services we have FXO's as backup at each site for this same
scenario.

Hopefully I didnt get my Groups mixed up here, too many similar acronyms
thrown out in one email.

Joel P