[cisco-voip] Send Calling Name over MGCP PRI (NI2)

george.hendrix at l-3com.com george.hendrix at l-3com.com
Tue May 4 09:02:29 EDT 2010

Hello everyone,

  We have a CUCM 7.1 cluster connected to 3 PRI trunks using NI2 and
they are configured as MGCP trunks in CUCM.  We have a requirement for
"calling name" to be sent from the internal Cisco CUCM to the Telco.
>From what I have read, we simply need to do the following:

On the MGCP gateway:

Interface Serial0/0/0:23

isdn supp-service name calling

isdn outgoing ie facility

I have already checked the "Send Calling Name In Facility IE" checkbox
on the MGCP endpoint configurations.

Is there something else I am missing to make this work?  The Telco has
said that we simply need to configure our system to send the calling
name info.  The PRI trunks to them are NI2.

Thanks,

Bill Hendrix

george.hendrix at l-3com.com <mailto:george.hendrix at l-3com.com>