[cisco-voip] Experience with TiM (Telephone Interface Communications Manager) ???

SJ struberjager at googlemail.com
Tue May 4 09:44:45 EDT 2010

Mike,

TiM is an appliance. So everything is basically "pre-installed". Aspiria
offers two possibilities: either TiM is delivered as VMware image or
preinstalled on a dedicated server (HP or IBM). It has its own linux kernel.
Installation is as simple as it could be. Logon to the initial installation
assistant FRED (First Really Easy Deployment assistant, I know it sounds
funny but it really is easy) and sync TiM with your CallManager. Next step
is to configure templates, which is the only time during which you really
need somebody who knows the CallManager. After that everything is easy as
pie ...

Yeah, I know ... their website does not give away much. Thought it to be
awkward, too. However those Aspiria guys are really nice and helped us a
lot. TiM handles CUCM 6, 7 and the new 8.

Pricing: As far as I have understood they focus on developing software. So
they only directly sell to service providers and you need to buy it from
them. Regarding Europe you can get team from T-Systems, Dimension Data,
NextiraOne, Axians, Stemmer (a BT company) ... and any other IT consultancy.
We tested the demo and then went to our service provider and explicitly
requested TiM and the SP took care of it. The price is well below a CCVP
expert ....

@ Paul: yes, TiM is all pre-configured ... nothing left to do any configs on
my own.

So long,