[cisco-voip] What's the pro and con for ATA, compared to FXS

polo person poloperson57 at hotmail.com
Tue May 11 11:11:44 EDT 2010

Yes, this is how I disable the port on an ATA.

We need to do this because we make a fixed charge back to each department for each extension number in use, so we can't simply configure a spare extension on the spare ATA port as the department will get billed for it.  I know it doesent sound like a big problem, but when you have 16,000 extensions of which around 1,200 are analogue (ATA/VG224).........