[cisco-voip] OT: CallManager 8 Licensing Question

Syed Khalid Ali syed.khalid.khursheed at gmail.com
Thu May 13 13:07:29 EDT 2010

Any thing above 6901 or 6911 is enhanced. Right??

If I have 10 6901, 10 6921, 20 6941 and 10 7962, expect for 6901, I will
need 40 Enhanced UCL.

What does it mean by Open Space. Is there some limited functionality
included with such devices. For example: I could put a 6901 in lobby area or
guest room. What is the difference.

And how does it deal with CP-7914 7915 expansion modules.

Thanks
Khalid

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 5:27 PM, Brian Schultz <bms314 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Basic is only for 6901 and 6911 phones.  Every other phone is Enhanced.
>
> Brian
>

> On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 4:31 AM, Syed Khalid Ali <
> syed.khalid.khursheed at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> With CallManager 7 or prior releases we have DLUs and seat licenses. DLU
>> depends on end-point. Seat licenses depends on server model. I am using
>> Cisco Solution Expert, but there are relevant field to select from. It only
>> provides a top level SKU CUCM-USR-LIC
>> under which two types of user licenses are available: Basic and Enhanced.
>>
>> What is the differ between these two user licenses. Can any one indicate a
>> better resource to refer?
>>
>> My best guess is it the number of Users (that vary according to needs).
>> But how to add the DLUs.The datasheet is specifically indicating that DLUs
>> are required.
>>
>> --
>> Thanks,
>> Syed Khalid Ali