[cisco-voip] What's your Video strategy?

Mark Rudholm mark at rudholm.com
Sat May 15 19:58:28 EDT 2010

We're using a combination of Tandberg devices (in board rooms,
screening rooms, and large gathering spaces) and Polycoms (in
meeting rooms).  For desktops we're using Polycom VVX 1500s.

For the most part they're all SIP registered to CUCM 7.1.3.
Video across them all works great.  Two problem areas have been
providing Directory services --the Tandbergs and Polycoms don't
support Cisco's XML directory mechanism so we've been using
LDAP/AD with varied ease/success-- and Far End Camera Control.
The CUCM doesn't seem to pass FECC, so for calls between devices
that support it, I use H.323 through a Tandberg Gatekeeper but the
H.323 registration is in addition to, not instead of, the SIP registration
to the CUCM.

-Mark