[cisco-voip] R: A way to track admin changes in CUCM 6.x

Lelio Fulgenzi lelio at uoguelph.ca
Thu May 20 11:33:14 EDT 2010

I think this is also one of those things that Cisco will never fix because of the financial investment it's partners have put into it. Just like recording, paging, etc.

But still, 3rd party systems rely on system level settings to build groups and/or multi-level admin (or role based) solutions. For example, you want someone to admin a group of phones? They have to be in a separate device pool or partition or search space. What the system should have is either a user defined field(s) for each phone, or a specific field(s) assigned for multi-level admin. Administration rarely has anything to do with the operation of the phones, i.e. device pool.

My 2cents.

---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
(519) 824-4120 x56354 (519) 767-1060 FAX (JNHN)
Cooking with unix is easy. You just sed it and forget it.
- LFJ (with apologies to Mr. Popeil)