[cisco-voip] OS Discs

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Fri May 21 09:25:29 EDT 2010

When I ordered Unity Connection new several years ago, it did NOT ship
with a OS disk. Apparently I/my partner was supposed to order a
specific MCS server and/or a specific $0 part to get the platform
configuration disk. Caused much grief cause I didn't realize this till
the day of the install (all the parts were shipped on site). Had to
install it our own media and UC with the "nopcd" option which then
made TAC not want to touch it. Happy to be on linux platform OS now.

If you have a CM4.3 disc set lying around you might be able to load
the OS for CCX off of that (I believe you need a different windows key
though). Windows can just be installed from your own media for Unity
if you're inclined to do that.

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 9:13 AM, H, Tim <TimH at trstone.com> wrote:
> I ordered new servers and licensing for a new cluster I’m standing up.  The
> partner had the licenses and application media shipped to my location and
> the servers to the location where they’re going to be installed.  My problem
> is with Unity and UCCX.  I received the media to actually install the
> programs, but no media for the OS.  Does the media for the OS ship in the
> same boxes as the servers? Or should these arrive with the application
> media?
>

> Nor my partner or Cisco can tell me the answer to this thus far.
>

> Thanks,
>

> Tim

Ed Leatherman