[cisco-voip] TCP ZeroWindow

Wes Sisk wsisk at cisco.com
Fri May 21 14:12:31 EDT 2010

If you see 0 window you must be looking at packet capture.

In the IP TTL for the 0 window packets, are the TTL consistent with
other frames in the stream?  This would confirm the 0 window is coming
from CM and not some interim device such as a firewall or inspection device.

Beyond that the only reason I have seen 0 window from CM is byproduct of
a memory leak on the CM server.  Do you see indication of increased
VMRss or file descriptors on CM when this happens?

/Wes