[cisco-voip] R: TCP ZeroWindow

Wes Sisk wsisk at cisco.com
Mon May 24 11:41:02 EDT 2010

Remote device was introduced by
CSCsc06953    Delayed cut-through on low bandwidth pipes with shared lines

Note this was specifically related to phones over low bandwith links.
It is also related to concurrent signaling to multiple devices (i.e.
shared lines).

How many phones are in this remote site?  Do you use shared lines in
this site?  What differences do you observe between this site and the
other remote sites?

Is the 0 window coming from the phone or from the CM?  If it really is 0
window then no more data can be passed over the tcp session until window
becomes available.  Do you have concurrent packet capture from CM side
and phone side?  Do both show the same window?  We've seen issues with
window size when using NAT or TCP proxy.

It may be time for a TAC case for more formal engagement and detailed
analysis.

/Wes