[cisco-voip] 60xx series endpoints

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Mon May 24 12:09:25 EDT 2010

Edward,

I have a 2-button and 4-button model in the lab right now. I think
they are solid phones but we haven't had a chance yet to test them on
actual users yet. Once we are upgraded to CM7 I'm going to try the
4-button models out on some users, we may look at rolling those out
going forward for basic service.

My main problem usability-wise with them right now is the
missed/placed/received calls functionality is arranged oddly in my
opinion. You can get to the information but its not nearly as easy to
get at. Not so much a problem on the 2-line set since the screen is
tiny anyway and I don't think someone with that phone will use many
extra features.

Doesn't work with CM 6.1, you need 7.1.3 I believe. Also keep in mind
these models are 1 call per button, so rather than having 1 line
button capable of handling many calls, you need to configure each
button for a call and cascade them with forwarding if you want that
function. That's all the gotcha's I can think of off-hand.

On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 11:48 AM, Countryman, Edward
<Edward.Countryman at provena.org> wrote:
> We are in the process of planning for a new site with about 80 phones and I
> was wondering if it makes sense to be looking at the 6900 series to save $$
> instead of the 79xx we typically would deploy.
>

> Anyone have first hand experiences with these yet to share?  Will the 69xx
> run on CCM 6.1?   I don’t have pricing yet, how much less expensive are
> they?     Any gotcha’s??

Ed Leatherman