[cisco-voip] mail2fax and fax2mail

Jason Aarons (US) jason.aarons at us.didata.com
Mon Nov 1 08:56:09 EDT 2010

Cisco is OEM OpenText (formerly Captaris) RightFax 9.x, your other commerical option would be XMedius, both can use T.38.  They have differing strengths/weakness, I would consult a reseller who could go into depth on several products.

You usually have 3-5 options on how end users send fax, along with inbound to Inbox.

1. File, Print > Fax Machine
2. Outlook faxto:1-212-5551212, then attached the document to the email.
3. Pull up a web page where you can enter contact and attach document for sending (similar to efax.com)

Usually you have a AD Plug-In that can read contact fax information, and a Exchange Connector which allows routing via Exchange to mailbox.  Remote Transports, Redundancy, lots of variables between products.