[cisco-voip] Unity 7x UM to VM downgrade

miken miken miken at sisna.com
Tue Nov 2 09:06:27 EDT 2010

The process uses a smart host to relay the VM as a .wav attached to an email
to your SMTP server. This is a one way communication which does not turn off
the MWI when the email/.wav file is opened and closed like IMAP. In other
words, the VM is still unread on the CUCXN server. A work around is to
forward and not store/forward (7.x) the VM. One major benefit to the forward
or store/forward method is that the email with attached .wav is in the
recipient's regular in box and not a separate box as with IMAP. Handy for
smart phone users. You can mix/match both flavors on the same server to meet
your end user's needs.

Regards
MikeN