[cisco-voip] Cisco ISDN noise levels

Nick Matthews matthnick at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 14:35:03 EDT 2010

-72 dB is basically silence.  Normal voice is around -15 to +2 dB. (kind of
soft to really loud)

For your echo canceller to be happy you need at least 8 dB difference
between the output and the incoming echo, and it must be less than 128ms
apart from the original voice.  The difference is the ERL.

-nick