[cisco-voip] Voice Translation Rule ON CME

Pavan K pav.ccie at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 13:20:27 EST 2010

Aali,

You cannot block calls like that.
For incoming calls you can use call-block translations but for ouutbound
calls you are stuck with using COR or after-hours block patterns (without
7-24, but blocking all hours of all days) and making the managers
after-hours exempt

On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 12:05 PM, Cristobal Priego <cristobalpriego at gmail.com
> wrote:

> you can use CORs instead of voice translation rules
> if you have CME
> if you have UCM use partitions
>
> 2010/11/9 Jawad A Hai <ahjawad at hotmail.com>
>
>>  Hello,
>>
>> I have a CME on 3925, I have below situation.
>> I have users with four digit extension like 5xxx and 6xxx.
>> I need to create a separate dial peer for the users who are having 6xxx
>> extn, ( This group of ext belongs to managers).
>> I want them to be able to dial use a particular prefix for dialing like
>> 39+Mobile  number.
>> so any user who has exntesion in 6xxx should be able to dial 39
>> 9849578898.
>> But I don’t want the users of 5xxx to dial this 39+Mobile number.
>> I have created below
>>
>> voice translation-rule 58
>>  rule 1 reject /^5/
>>
>> voice translation-profile ManagerMbile
>>  translate called 58
>>
>> dial-peer voice 5800 voip
>>  description  Manager Mobile calls
>>  destination-pattern 39..........
>>  *translation-profile outgoing ManagerMbile*
>>  session target ipv4:10.5.3.78
>>  dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric
>>  codec g711alaw
>>
>> The idea of above is to reject any number that starts with 5 going with
>> dial peer 5800 using 39 prefix?
>>
>> However the above is not working.
>> Is my understanding of translation rule is fine or am messing/missing
>> something??
>> Please advise.
>>
>> Aali

- Pavan