[cisco-voip] Add a SIP trunk to Route Group

Christopher Trown ctrown at uoregon.edu
Wed Nov 10 13:56:39 EST 2010

On 11/9/2010 3:55 PM, Joe Martini wrote:
> Chris,
>
> The reason you're not seeing this is due to: "If the route group contains a gateway that uses the QSIG protocol, only gateways that use the QSIG protocol display in the list. If the route group contains a gateway that uses the non-QSIG protocol, gateways that use the controlled intercluster trunks, which are QSIG protocol, do not display in the list.
>
> If you included the route group in a route list that contains QSIG gateways, the H.323 gateways do not display in the list."
> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_1_2/ccmcfg/b03rtgrp.html
>
> The workaround is to create a new route group that contains the non-qsig devices and add it to the route list.

     Hmmm...  After trying to add the newly created SIP Route Group and
having zero success, I went to look at the documentation and found this:

If the route list contains a QSIG route group, H.323 route groups do not
display in the drop-down list box. If the route group contains a H.323
route group, QSIG route groups do not display in the drop-down list box.

     at:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_1_2/ccmcfg/b03rtlst.html#wp1023999

     Bleah...

     Hmmm...  So can the SIP trunk be terminated on another device and
still allow me to do what I want?

Chris...