[cisco-voip] FW: unable to conf with internal phones

Brandon Bennett bennetb at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 11:08:19 EST 2010

On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 9:33 PM, <manjunath.channi at wipro.com> wrote:

> CUCM  7.1.5.10000-12 version.
>
> Conference button does not come-up when tried to conf.
> This(conf) works fine when conferencing with other location.

What kind of phones.  G.722 is automatically turned on for 7941, 7942, 7961,
and 7962 phones even when the region is set to G.711 (they finally fixed
this in 8.0 and does regions based on max bandwidth)

The internal bridge inside the phone can handle G.711 but not G.722.  The
same goes with software bridges on CUCM servers, so unless you have an
external IOS conference bridge for G.722 you may see this issue (I did).

Try turning off "Advertise G.722" on the phones or globally and test again.

-Brandon