[cisco-voip] Rebuilding a CUCM Publisher in a Different Location and Rehosting the License Files

Nicholas Samios nsamios at staff.iinet.net.au
Thu Nov 18 19:45:34 EST 2010

>> I am assuming you could rebuild your Pub in a location with a different IP address.

Yep, keep in mind the WAN considerations though (refer to your versions SRND) e.g. 80ms RTT for v6.1+ between nodes, bandwith requirement for intracluster comms and active services (TFTP/MOH, etc)

>>What would you need to do to for the Subs to recognize the new Pub, just reboot the Subs??

Once the publisher is up, rehome the license files and follow the DR procedure. I would then rebuild each Sub.

>>you would need your license files rehosted.  if you have multiple license files on the Pub, what do you need to provide to TAC, or the Licensing team for them to rehost the files?

The PAK keys and/or MAC address of the PUB.
TAC/Licensing know all the PAKs/Keys assigned to a MAC but they usually ask for it anyway.