[cisco-voip] Call Transfer on CCME without dual-line?

Nick Matthews matthnick at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 13:55:37 EST 2010

I've tested this before in my lab, and if you have two single line DNs the
phone will attempt to use the next line for the transfer.  Much like how you
can conference 2 calls on two different lines in CME.

The use case was this -> Every user had two phone lines, the first was a
shared DN (1000) and the second line was their personal (2XXX).  They said
that when they transferred calls the other person would know who was
transferring it, and something had changed and prevented that.  I didn't
think that was possible, but after finding out that the phone would use the
second line this was possible.  Kind of a cool-but-clunky way of making it
work.

-nick