[cisco-voip] ATA Firmware problem

Buchanan, James jbuchanan at presidio.com
Tue Nov 30 10:53:11 EST 2010

Hello,

What I remember reading when I read the bug on this was that if you moved the ATAs to a device pool that had a CallManager group with only a single CallManager in it, this would reduce the size of the configuration file enough to allow the ATA to get the firmware.

I hit this a lot when migrating from CCM 4.x to UCM 7.x or greater. Knowing there is that issue, I typically upgrade the ATA firmware prior to migrating on the 4.x cluster to avoid the issue.  If that is not an option, there is a manual method of upgrading firmware that requires you to visit each device.

Thanks,

James Buchanan | Technology Manager, UC | South Region | Presidio Networked Solutions
12 Cadillac Dr, Suite 130, Brentwood, TN 37027 | jbuchanan at presidio.com<mailto:jbuchanan at ctiusa.com>