[cisco-voip] How long does it take to upgrade to CUCM 7.1.5bSU2 on MCS7835?

Karen Cheng kaz.cheng at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 00:50:30 EDT 2010

Depends on how big your database is as well and the number of subscribers in
the cluster. As you have to wait for the pub to get to a certain point
before you can start the subs. It also depends on whether you are going to
do it during production hours as well as you may want to turn on I/O
throttling if you do so that it doesnt affect normal operation.

Mine took approximately 1 1/2hours after hours to get to that point on the
pub. Then about 1hour for each sub to finish.

Once done it took about 30mins to switch all 5 servers.

Phone firmware was all completed beforehand to reduce time and issues.

If you have 5 servers like me then allow around 4hours in case there are
issues.

Rollback takes approximately 30mins.

Hope that helps.