[cisco-voip] Lab environment

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 09:54:51 EDT 2010

I run demo licenses for most of the stuff in the lab, which works for
90% of the stuff I find the need to test/eval.

On CM 5-7 at least you can spoof your production MAC address on your
lab hardware, see:
http://www.blindhog.net/how-to-change-the-mac-addres-on-a-call-manager-56-server/
No idea if this procedure will still work for 8 and its of course 110%
unsupported.

ymmv

On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 9:44 AM, Sandy Lee <Sandy.Lee at dti.ulaval.ca> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> We used to have a lab environment when we were on CUCM 4.x, but since we
> migrated to 7.x, things are different because of the licensing. I was just
> wondering what do you guys do? Do you have a lab environment? Do you really
> pay licenses to Cisco for a lab? We’re running UCM 7.1(5), CUC 7.1(5) and
> UCCX 7.0.  I already have the hardware for the lab, so I would really like
> to be able to use it without paying 20K$.
>

> Thanks.
>
> Sandy.

Ed Leatherman