[cisco-voip] Unity migration

Duane Priebe dpriebe at theriverbank.com
Mon Oct 11 12:24:24 EDT 2010

I'm currently running Unity 4.0 and migrating to 7.  Ultimately Unity 7
will be living on a VM that I already have carved out using Cisco
specifications.  It was recommend to me to follow the migration path
below and I just wanted to get this groups feedback on the path and/or
perhaps anything common to watch out for.  Thanks for your feedback!

-          Upgrade Unity 4.0 to 7.0.2 on existing server hardware with
MS Exchange 2003

-          Upgrade MS Exchange to 2007 and rerun permission wizard

-          Install Unity 7.0.2 on new Unity VM

-          Migrate data from old system to new

If this is the appropriate path to take for doing this upgrade with
minimal downtime I'd guess I would need two license files to perform it
this way.  Is Cisco going to have a problem with that?

Duane