[cisco-voip] Trying to understand partitions, calling and called transformations

george.hendrix at l-3com.com george.hendrix at l-3com.com
Thu Oct 21 13:02:16 EDT 2010

I agree with using the device CSS.  However, it sounds like you are
trying to implement AAR in the event of a WAN outage (if you have all
phones registered to a centralized CUCM cluster).  If that is the case,
then there is configuration on the gateway that u need to do for when
folks at the remote site dial 4 or 5 digit numbers back at the main site
(which won't work if the WAN is down) so that it is prefixed with the 1
(if it is long distance) and the required prefix digits.  Also, you
would need to create AAR groups for the remote site(s) as well as the
main site so that when the WAN is down, and a phone from the main site
or other remote sites try to call the remote site, AAR will prefix it
with numbers set in AAR.  You also have to ensure either the phone line
is configured with the correct phone mask for the line or configure the
AAR mask for the phone...if AAR mask is configured, I believe it
overrides the External Phone mask configuration when AAR kicks in.

Here are some links on AAR.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_1_1/ccmcfg/b0
3aar.html

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_1_1/ccmsys/a0